1. We spent last weekend at the Grandparents’ Lake House in Wisconsin. My husband’s brother and family were also there, and we celebrated 3 kids’ birthdays! It was a nice relaxing time. But I came down with a cold (which I still have) and it was freezing! Snowed on Saturday.
2. Yesterday we did a science experiment to understand how blubber keeps arctic animals warm in the frigid water. The kids stuck their fingers in icy water and could only keep them in there for a maximum of 30 seconds. Then they donned rubber gloves which I covered with petroleum jelly and a plastic bag. They could then stay underwater for 5 minutes (maybe longer, but they got bored).
3. Enjoying the beautiful fall colors in the Chicagoland area.
4. Our sweetie pie turned 4 months yesterday. I’m so sad that she won’t be a little baby much longer. I tear up every time I think about it. I know I need to move her into her crib soon–she’s rolling a lot now–but I’m having a hard time letting go of her sleeping in our bed!
5. My husband and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary this week.
6. Baby girl is so happy all the time. Perhaps it’s because she’s never lacking for attention?
7. We have a new 6-year-old boy in the house. Pictures of his birthday will be coming next week.