What a fun post today! Thank you so much to the NuNaturals company for sending me a box of wonderful natural sugar-free gluten-free products to try out! I received five bottles of liquid NuStevia: Peppermint, Vanilla, Orange, Lemon, and Plain; a package of Presweet Tagatose; and NuStevia Prebiotic blend.
Stevia is derived from a leaf that is used as a sweetener. Many Stevia products on the market have a bitter aftertaste, but not NuStevia! NuNaturals sells it in powdered form, as well as in a concentrated liquid, and even flavored liquids!
PreSweet Tagatose is a naturally-occurring sweetener found in milk, fruits and vegetables. It is 92% as sweet as sugar. PreSweet is a low calorie (6 calories/serving), low GI (3 on the glycemic index), and low in carbohydrates (especially considering that many of the carbohydrates are not digested). And it browns like sugar!
Here are the recipes I tried. They all turned out great! (My apologies for the photos–the food really did taste much better than it looks!)
1. Chamomile Tea with a few drops of Peppermint Stevia. I felt like I was drinking a candy cane!
2. Orange Muffins- made with Orange NuStevia. My kids loved these–I’ll definitely make them again.
3. Ginger- Mint Syrup served over fresh pears. I substituted Peppermint NuStevia for the fresh mint leaves and used Tagatose instead of sugar. Yummy, unique dessert!
4. Sweet and Sour Chicken. I’ve never made this before. I made it with Tagatose instead of sugar, and it was wonderful!
5. Mini brownies– made with Tagatose instead of sugar. I topped them with marshmallows and chocolate chips for fun.
6. Lemonade- made with cold water and a few drops of Lemon NuStevia
They have lots of recipes on their website–I’ll be trying out more!
If we had a medical issue with sugar in our home, I would definitely purchase Presweet Tagatose for baking and cooking. It is a wonderful product; diabetics will be thrilled with it!
My mom is allergic to sugar alcohols (Xylitol and Erythritol), so it’s wonderful to have NuStevia as an alternative.
I’m so excited about this giveaway from NuNaturals! Four readers will receive one bottle of each of:
NuNaturals will ship directly to the winners, no P.O. Boxes, please.
Enter through the Rafflecopter app below, not by simply leaving a comment. A winner will be chosen next Friday, December 6.
In case you don’t win or want a different product, you can receive DISCOUNTS on all orders placed on the NuNaturals website during December! When you get to the checkout page enter the discount code BLG1212 and you will receive a 15% DISCOUNT on your ENTIRE ORDER. This discount remains effective until December 31, 2012.
Online ordering customers may also receive FREE SHIPPING to the CONTINENTAL U. S. on all orders exceeding $35.00 after discounts.
You can also try a sample of NuStevia and find out why it’s the best tasting Stevia on the market–no aftertaste!