We’ve made it to day 4 of “5 Days of Homeschool Essentials.” Today I’m sharing about some of the fun experiments we’ve done in science this year (all at our co-op). We’re using the book from Apologia Exploring Creation With Chemistry and Physics by Jeannie Fulbright. Her science books are definitely an essential in our homeschool! We have already used 4 of them and will finish this year’s and 2 more. Then, I’ll start all over again, and I can’t wait!
All of the following experiments are found in the science book from Apologia.
Testing different surfaces for friction (water, oil):
Learning about amorphous solids (have the characteristics of both solids and liquids):
Seeing how acids react with metal (vinegar and steel wool):
The next two were chromatography:
Stay tuned for more science experiments later this year. I also have some fun videos that I’ll learn how to upload here. 🙂
Do you have a favorite science curriculum? My all time favorites are those from Apologia! Please share yours in the comments!
Be sure to read about more Homeschooling Essentials at the following blogs:
61. Lisa @ Our Simple Kinda Life
62. Tabitha @ The Homeschool Four
63. LaRee @ Broad Horizons
64. Gwen @ Tolivers to Texas
65. Amy @ Counting Change. . . Again
66. Jacquelin @ A Stable Beginning
68. Adena @ AdenaF
69. Stacie @ Super Mommy to the Rescue
It’s time for our Link Party:
From House to Home!
Only 2 rules:
1. Link up family-friendly posts (exact post, not website) about making your house into a home: homemaking, parenting, homeschooling, marriage, loving God! Giveaways, too!
2. Link back to my site with the button below or a text link. Thanks! The code can be found at the top of the Link Party page. (If you don’t link back somewhere on your blog, your link might be deleted.)
See the wonderful blogs I’ve linked up to here.
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.)