Every year I love taking some time with my kids to really focus on Christ and all that Easter means for us as believers. Sometimes we read an amazing book, like Amon’s Adventure: A Family Story for Easter, and other times we do something like I have to share with you today. Use the Resurrection Rolls Recipe & Easter Story Printable Pack to bring Easter to life for you and your kids.
Resurrection Rolls Recipe
Serves 8 (can be doubled)
- 1 8-count package of crescent rolls
- 8 large marshmallows
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup melted butter
• Set oven according to crescent roll instructions. Read John 19.
• Prep baking pan with parchment paper.
• Unroll crescents and place on parchment. These represent the linen
cloth being laid out for Jesus body.
• Melt butter in a skillet or microwave and pour into a small bowl.
• Combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
• Using a toothpick inserted into the end of a marshmallow or your fingers,
dip the marshmallow into the melted butter and then roll in the
cinnamon/sugar until thoroughly covered. The marshmallow represents
Jesus body being cleansed by oils for embalming and anointing with
• Place cinnamon/sugar covered marshmallow on the center of the crescent roll and
carefully wrap completely. The linen cloth is carefully wrapped around
Jesus in preparation for burial.
• Repeat for all crescent rolls.
• *If desired, drizzle the crescents with melted butter and
sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar or add sifted confectioners
sugar before or after baking.
• Bake approximately 10 minutes or until rolls are cooked and lightly
browned. Jesus is placed in the tomb for 3 days. Read John 20:1-18
• Add a cross with a toothpick if desired. Cool slightly before serving.
• Open the now-hollow roll, the “empty tomb,” to reveal that Jesus Is Risen! Read John 20:19-31.
• REJOICE! Read 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
Tips for Resurrection Rolls Recipe
- For a more homespun, rustic look, bake on a sheet pan.
- The marshmallow will most likely ooze out of a few while baking, so
parchment covered baking sheets are highly recommended.
- Alternatively, bake in muffin cups inside muffin tins for a more uniform look.
- When going through this with children, several rolls will have marshmallows
oozing out. Find the finished ones where there’s no evidence or hole in the
dough for a more impactful lesson.
Resurrection Easter Story Printable Pack
This Easter Story printable pack contains 12 pages with dotted primary letters for younger students and 12 pages with blank lines for older students. All pages contain a coloring picture.
- Stained Glass Easter Egg Cookie Recipe
- How to Prepare for Easter
- 15-Minute Music Lesson for Good Friday and Easter Sunday (with free printables)
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.)