Click here for FREE music lessons:
I shared a few days ago about the 1920’s Roaring Twenties Unit Celebration that our homeschool group had. I bought clothes for my kids (and my husband bought a vest), but I decided to make my dress! The common dress we think of in the 1920’s is the flapper dress, but ladies who dressed more conservatively often wore a dropped waist dress, so that’s what I made!
Enjoy the following tutorial of how to make a 1920’s dress:
1. I started with a shirt that was bought at a thrift shop.
2. Cut enough fabric for the skirt length you want and wide enough for twice around:
3. My shirt had some open flaps, so I sewed those together in the front and sides:
4. I gathered the skirt fabric:
5. I cut my shirt’s sleeves to make short sleeves:
6. Sew the skirt to the bottom of the shirt:
7. Hew the shirt sleeve:
7. Choose a coordinating fabric for a belt and hand-sew it around the middle:
I found a hat at Joann Fabrics, so I didn’t need to make one. But if I had made one, I love the tutorial for a cloche hat here!