We recently had a ladies event at our church called a Creativi-Tea where we had a lovely time talking, sharing, playing a few games, drinking tea, eating yummy snacks, and making Encouragement Boxes. Today I’d love to share with you How to Make an Encouragement Box, and maybe the pictures will inspire you to host a Creativi-Tea yourself!
Click here for FREE music lessons:
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
What is an Encouragement Box?
The purpose of an Encouragement Box is to fill it with things to encourage either yourself or someone else when they are feeling down. Here are some ideas of what to fill the box with:
- Scripture verses or passages
- Favorite memories
- Things you are grateful for
- Inspirational quotes
- Words of encouragement
- Silly jokes
- Song lyrics
- Good ideas
- Things that make you smile
- Titles of favorite movies, books, songs, etc.
- Ideas of things to do to help others (call a friend, write a letter, dance, hug someone, etc.)
- Ideas of things to do to de-stress (go for a walk, go to a park, etc.)
- Father’s Love Letter
- Hope Deck Scripture Cards
Those who need encouragement (lost a job, fighting cancer, going through a divorce, new moms, anyone really!) can simply pull out something each day to get a boost of encouragement.
An Encouragement Box would also be a perfect Mother’s Day gift!
See ideas for the Encouragement Box below
Even a 5-year-old can make one!
Some are very artistic.
All craft supplies were provided:
- Boxes (Bauxko 8 x 6 x 6 In. Small Corrugated Shipping Boxes – Pack of 12)
- Paint with brushes
- Magazines with scissors and Mod-Podge (Mod Podge Starter Pack, 2-Ounce Bottles)
- Scrapbooking Paper
- Stickers, Flowers, Jewels, etc.
The ladies at my table cut out pictures and words from magazines. We pasted them on the box and covered everything with Mod-Podge.
Other ladies and girls painted theirs.
And others loved covering theirs with scrapbooking paper.
Let me know if you make an Encouragement Box and what you decided to put in it.
Free Flower/Verse Cards
To get you started, I have made a sheet of 4 Bible Verses with Flowers. You will receive the PDF in your email after you sign up below.
Get a free download of the 4 Bible Verses with Flowers
(The idea of the Encouragement Box as described in this post is from Sue New.)