Happy Mother’s Day, dear friend and fellow mom! As moms, we have so many responsibilities and stresses in this fast-paced world. Sometimes, we just need to sit back, enjoy some peace, and “smell the roses.” May you be blessed this Mother’s Day and enjoy making these Mother’s Day Decorated Flower Oreos!
Mother’s Day Decorated Flower Oreos
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
- 1 (15.35 ounce) package Double Stuf Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- 1 12-ounce package Wilton pink candy melts
- Petal Pink Flower royal icing decorations
- Wilton Leaf royal icing decorations
- optional: coconut oil or vegetable shortening
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. Melt pink candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Stir well. Do not add water. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
3. Dip each cookie into melted candy. Remove cookie, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess candy to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick. Place the cookie onto the waxed paper.
4. Immediately press one leaf and one flower icing decoration on to each cookie.
5. Allow cookie to set completely at room temperature or refrigerate for faster results. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
You’ll love this Mother’s Day Handprint Poem, too!
Are you making the Mother’s Day Decorated Flower Oreos this year? I’d also love to know what special recipes and desserts are traditional for Mother’s Day at your house! Please comment below and tell me.