Looking for Veterans Day Activities? I have written a special activity guide, lapbook, and coloring pages for you!
It contains 61 pages!
Table of Contents
Activities to do for Veterans Day ~ 10 activities with links
- Field Trip
Lapbook ~ 8 minibooks (plus answers)
- Why do we celebrate
- Six Branches of Armed Forces
- How we celebrate
- Veterans Day Q&A
- Wars Americans have fought in
- Patriotic Songs
- The date
- Book report
Color By Code ~ 4 pages (plus answers)
- Our Hero
Coloring Pages ~ 22 pages
American Flag, members of Armed Forces, and symbols
Pick up Veterans Day Activity Guide, Lapbook and Coloring Pages for Pre-K through 6th grade for only $10)
Or try a free sample first:
Pictures of the Veterans Day Lapbook:
Video of Veterans Day Lapbook
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
Get a Free Veterans Day Music Lesson!
Click here for the free Veterans Day music lesson.
List of Veterans Day Books
Click here for the Veterans Day books for Elementary, Middle, and High School.
Memorial Day fits in with Veterans Day, too!
Check out the great Memorial Day Online Unit Study from Techie Homeschool Mom
- Explore the branches of America’s Armed Forces
- Research America’s conflicts and casualties
- Create a digital image to honor our fallen soldiers
- This mini-course contains one module.
Another Idea: fun Veterans Day Unit Study:
- Veterans Day
- Constitution Celebration
- American Government
Other Veterans Day Activities to do with Kids
Are you looking for some other fun Veterans Day activities to do with your kids? Look at these great ones at Educents.
(Update: Educents is no longer around.)
Veteran’s Day Flip Book Activities
- Created by teachers on a military base overseas to honor our veterans from the American perspective and the European perspective for the sacrifices and aide given in times of need.
- This product includes several folding activities to create a Veterans Day flip book. It also includes facts about Veterans Day and a patriotic poem
Salute the Military Kids!
- There are several hundred thousand children today in US or overseas public schools whose parents are in the military. A high degree of mobility is demanded of these children and of their parents. Relocation is a reality that a significant number of these dependents are separated from at least one parent due to overseas deployment. Kids of Active Duty move around the world, acclimating themselves to new cultures, new friends, new homes and new surroundings. These activities will create awareness of the service and sacrifices of our military’s children. This is an opportunity to thank children for their support to our nation’s war fighters, and recognize the important role they play in the strength of our nation by contributing to the strength of the military family.
- Includes: A Salute to our Military Kids includes: Military visor, Book, Dog tags, Math prompts, Friendship hugs, Shirt decals, Passport, “Keep Daddy/Mommy Safe” Bracelets, Pencil toppers, Time keeping watches, Dominoes, Writing paper
Patriotic Poetry Activities
- This product includes poetry about the soldier, the flag and our allegiance to our flag. It also includes interactive folding activities, word work, and a game.
Why do these?
- Perfect for Veteran’s Day classroom activities, or year-round
- Fosters awareness and cultural understanding
- Supports military families and children
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.)