5 Ways to Parent With Joy
Seventeen years ago I became a mom. It changed my life, and I’ll never be the same again.
Raising kids is awesome. They can make you laugh with their hilariousness. They can make you melt with their cuteness. They can inspire you with their kindness.
But raising kids is also really hard.
Between temper tantrums, the constant noise and mess, teaching them all the life skills they’ll need as adults, and continually wondering whether we’re screwing it all up … well, it can actually be one of the hardest things we’ve ever done.
I’ve been thinking hard about how to make this school year run smoother, and here are my ideas about how to parent with joy.
Be More Organized
In homeschooling, meal planning, house cleaning, scheduling. I love The Organized Homeschool Life book and planner system to help me with this area.
Do Heart Parenting
Know each child the way they need to be known.
Do Fun Things with the Kids
Inside and outside the home.
Teach Them Life Skills
If you need help, check out Skill Trek.
Delegate Responsibilities to Them
So I’m not over-stressed.
For one day only, you can get the Parenting Super Bundle for one very low price.
80 Resources for less than $30!
It’s only available on Tuesday, January 23, 2018.
Here are the awesome resources included! I bought it a few months ago when it was first on sale. This is the last chance– don’t miss it!
- Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World: Audio Version by Zig Ziglar (reg. $49.97 )
- Funny Mom Joke Pack: Make Your Kids Laugh Every Day of the Year by Jill Riley (reg. $29.00 )
- Thrive: Ziglar Family Community Membership by Ziglar Family (reg. $75 )
- How to Teach Your Kids to Crush Anxiety Natasha Daniels (reg. $127.00 )
- Babes, Tots and Kids: 52 Weeks of Preschool for Children Ages Baby-5 Years Raegan Disharoon & Valerie Plowman (reg. $19.50 )
- Emotion Coaching: An Essential Part of Your Parenting Toolbox! by Melissa Benaroya (reg. $49.00 )
- Begin Homeschooling with Confidence by Kelly George (reg. $12.95 )
- Cure the Fear of Homeschooling High School: How to Be Sure You’re Not Missing Anything by Ann Karako (reg. $14.99 )
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.)