Such an easy meal, and really good for the fall! I made this yesterday. It’s one of the few meals that ALL my kids will eat! One thing I do every November is buy lots (10-15) of bags of cranberries when they’re on sale around Thanksgiving. No preparation needed–just throw them in the freezer. I love to make cranberry sauce throughout the year. We had that yesterday, too! It’s also great for my Cranberry Roast recipe.
How to cook a turkey breast in the crock-pot:
Clean out and rinse turkey breast.
Place breast down in crock pot. Add 1-2 cups of chicken broth.
Sprinkle on some seasonings, such as salt, pepper, sage, poultry seasoning, or Italian seasoning.
Optional: Add some veggies, such as carrots, potatoes, celery, and/or onions.
Cook on low 8 hours.
Serve with homemade gravy, if you like.
Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce:
Bring 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to boil. Add the frozen cranberries, and bring back to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time. Cool and then refrigerate before eating.
- Fresh turkey breast (or if frozen, let it thaw in fridge for a couple of day)
- Seasonings of choice (salt, pepper, sage, poultry seasoning, Italian seasoning)
- Veggies of choice (carrots, potatoes, celery, onions)
- Cranberry sauce (or fresh cranberries and a cup of sugar)
- flour for gravy (optional)