I saw this pin on Pinterest last fall, and thought I’d adjust it for a spring shirt. Here’s what I came up with. Enjoy our flower t-shirt tutorial!
1. Cut the ribbons all the same length. Mine were about 6 1/2 inches long. (Next time I think I’ll make them a little shorter.)
2. Cut out the circles. I used my glue container as a pattern.
3. Tacky glue the ends of the ribbons together.
4. Tacky glue the ribbons to the underneath of the circles.
5. Hand baste the circles onto the shirts.
6. Zig-Zag stitch the circles onto the shirts and cut out basting threads.
Linked up to The Pinterest Challenge.
(Contains affiliate links.)
I know two other little girls who would love those shirts 🙂 you know, in all your free time!
I wish I had thought of that before, Jill! I got the ribbon at the dollar section at Target, and they don’t have anymore. The shirts were cheap there, too. I also should have bought a little onesie for our new little girl!
love this idea! Perfect to make for my three girls for spring. 🙂 Thanks for sharing your craftiness.
How well did these hold up when washed?
The ribbons didn’t stay flat. If I made them again, I’d use shorter ribbons for the petals. But I fixed it by tacking down the end of each ribbon (a small stitch).