I am so excited to introduce a brand new online course called 10 Weeks of Shakespeare Introductory Course for 7th-12th Grades.
Click here for FREE music lessons:
10 Weeks of Shakespeare ~ Introductory Course for 7th-12th Grades.
If you have ever tried to teach Shakespeare to your kids, like I have, you may have found it a daunting task! Most of us would agree, however, that studying Shakespeare is a good idea for a well-rounded education.
It’s also a must if you are a Charlotte Mason or Classical homeschooler.
What is 10 Weeks of Shakespeare ~ Introductory Course for 7th-12th Grades all about?
There are 10 lessons that guide the students through various aspects of learning about Shakespeare. You’ll see that some of the topics are just fun and help apprehensive students to be drawn into the subject more.
- Iambic pentameter and how to scan a speech
- Poetry versus prose
- How to pronounce Shakespeare
- Shakespeare’s life
- The Globe Theater and Elizabethan theater in general
- Shakespeare insults
- Monologues and Soliloquies
- Practice techniques for memorizing and performing Shakespeare
- Watch one of his plays, A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Perform an act based on Star Wars but written in Shakespearian language and technique!
The lessons are perfect for an upper-grade student to work on independently or for a homeschool mom to teach at a co-op. In fact, the course was originally written and taught at Gena’s homeschool co-op to a group of 9 students.
- Instructions for how to use it as a half-credit in high school Fine Arts or English.
- Videos to watch
- Resources and websites for further study
- Lesson plans and weekly assignments
- Lifetime access–buy now and use later!
- You can enter the course with any device that is connected to the internet!
“Big confession: I took this course for me! I’ve been wanting to teach my kids about Shakespeare for a long time but I felt completely unequipped to do it until I started Gena’s new course: 10 Weeks of Shakespeare ~ Introductory Course for 7th-12th Grades. Although she called it an introductory course I was just blown away by the vast content, awesome videos, and tons of links to get deeper into every module. I always thought a course about Shakespeare could be boring but it is exactly the opposite! This course is very thorough and fascinating. I absolutely recommend it.”
~Ana Willis, homeschool mom of 3 and blogger at TheyCallMeBlessed.org.
10 Weeks of Shakespeare ~ Introductory Course for 7th-12th Grades is both educational and fun. See preview lessons of 10 Weeks of Shakespeare ~ Introductory Course for 7th-12th Grades here.
What else can you find at Learn.MusicinOurHomeschool.com?
- 20th Century Music Appreciation for High School
- Music Appreciation: Middle Ages Thru Classical Era for High School
- 15-Minute Music Lessons for Elementary
- Intro to Musicals for Elementary