As we prepare for the long-awaited 2020 Olympic Games to open in July 2021, I’m happy to share some ways today to go on some Rabbit Trails Through the Olympics!
Click here for FREE music lessons:
Disclosure: I received Rabbit Trails Through the Olympics in order to effectively and honestly review it. This post also contains affiliate links.
What is Rabbit Trails Through the Olympics?
Rabbit Trails Through the Olympics is a lesson from This Bit of Life that takes you through several activities to learn about and do some “rabbit trails” through the topic.
We read some inspirational books:
- Wilma Unlimited: How Wilma Rudolph Became the World’s Fastest Woman by Kathleen Krull tells about the huge obstacles Wilma Rudolph had to overcome, including polio!, to become a gold medal runner at the Olympics.
- Nadia: The Girl Who Couldn’t Sit Still by Karlin Gray is a fun story about the famous gymnast from Romania.
- The Wildest Race Ever: The Story of the 1904 Olympic Marathon by Meghan McCarthy tells a crazy story I’ve never heard before! Let’s be grateful that the Olympic marathons no longer have this type of drama!
We learned about Olympic Medals and designed our own.
We did some online research to learn about different medal designs, then my kids set off to design their own!
More Rabbit Trails Through the Olympics.
There are so many more fun book, video, craft, research, and copywork ideas included in Rabbit Trails Through the Olympics. You could do it all in a day or stretch it out for a whole week!
Head here to get Rabbit Trails Through the Olympics and do it before or during the Olympics!
Related Olympics Rabbit Trails Ideas
- 2021 Summer Games Online Unit Study Learn about the History of the Olympics, the Traditions of the Olympics, Becoming an Olympian, and specifics about 2021 Summer Games. Along with hands-on activities, students will create a collection of online puzzles to share what they learn!
- 15-Minute Music Freebie on Music of the Olympics from Music in Our Homeschool. It comes with a free printable pack to use as you listen to the music!
How Are You Celebrating the Olympics with Your Kids?
Do you have some other fun activities or ideas for celebrating or learning about the Olympic Games with your kids? Please share in a comment below!
Other Rabbit Trails Curriculum Resources:
You can now find:
- Rabbit Trails Through Literature, volumes 1 and 2
- Rabbit Trails Through History
- My Exploring the 50 States Journal
- Rabbit Trails Through Science
- Rabbit Trails Through the Parks (the National Parks of the U.S. such as the Grand Canyon and the Smoky Mountains)
- The Best Homeschool Life Planner
- Constellation Cards
- My Nature Journal
- Discover Your World: Travel + Field Trip Journal for Kids
- Cursive Writing Practice Sheets
- States and Capitals Flashcards
- Rabbit Trails Through Holidays (such as MLK Jr. Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Memorial Day, the Olympics, and more)
- 4 Weeks to a Stress-Free Homeschool course and planner