Floam. Have you ever heard of it? Have your kids ever played with it? It’s a wonderful tactile and non-messy toy that you can make yourself! That makes it even more fun! See below for a detailed tutorial on how to make your own floam. It’s the perfect rainy day activity.
Basic Floam Recipe:
- 1 cup Elmer’s Glue in clear or white
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups shaving cream (like Barbasol)
- 1 to 2 cups rainbow foam beads
- 1 tablespoon contact lens solution (containing boric acid)
Instructions to Make Your Own Floam
- Empty the glue into a large bowl.
- Add the baking soda to the glue mixture and stir to mix thoroughly.
- If you are adding coloring or foam beads, stir these ingredients into the glue mixture.
- Fold in the shaving cream
- Add contact lens solution to the mixture and stir well.
(Note: regular glue will require less contact lens solution than glitter glue. Add the contact lens solution slowly, mixing between additions, and add only enough to bring the glue together into a soft ball.)
- The slime will be sticky. Begin to play with the slime, kneading it as you would bread dough, to bring the slime together. The slime is ready when no longer sticky.
- Best if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator when not in use.
Activities to do with Floam
- Let your kids play with it while you read aloud.
- Have them create letters to practice letter recognition and writing.
- Make a character from a book you’ve read.
- Use colors from the nearest holiday to celebrate–green for St. Patrick’s Day, red/white/blue for Independence Day, and red/green for Christmas.
Have you made floam before? What activities do you like to do with it! Please leave a comment below!
Christmas Cash Spectacular Giveaway!
(This giveaway is over.)
This year has been pretty intense for many families, including my own! The struggle is real and there are many who are worried about bills, Christmas presents, the traditional decorating and activities, and even the food itself for Christmas dinner.
It doesn’t have to be an anxiety-inducing season, though. There is hope that can be found in the help that others offer. This help can come in various forms; it be found in a quiet moment, a shared laugh, or even a restful night.
This year I have teamed up with a group of amazing bloggers who want to also be a part of the help during this Christmas season.
We are so excited to share that we are going to be able to bless ONE family this year with $500 in PayPal cash! Together we pray that this will help with any of the worries and anxiety of the season. All of us are wishing for a wonderful Christmas filled with blessings and sweet memories for you and your family!
How to Enter the Giveaway
This Christmas Cash Spectacular runs from 11/30/2-12/07/20 and you can enter on the form below and is hosted by KingSumo. There are numerous ways to enter and gain extra entries too, so please take a few minutes to visit each entry to increase your chance to win. You MUST have a PayPal address to win this giveaway, and the winner will be chosen at random on 12/08/20 and notified by email that same day.