Want a special keepsake to remember your kids this year or to give as a Christmas present? These personalized snow globes are precious! Learn how to make your own with today’s Photo Snow Globe Tutorial.
Supplies for the Photo Snow Globe
- Plastic snow globe (The pictured one is from Hobby Lobby. Here is another option.)
- Laminator and Laminating pages
- Waterproof glue (hot glue will work)
- Other decorations, if desired (here’s an option for trees, deer, and other items)
- Glitter or sparkling snow
- ½ teaspoon to 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin, if desired
Photo Snow Globe Tutorial
1. Take a picture of the children against a white background.
2. Using your favorite computer program, insert the image and size it to fit the snow globe. Print the picture on card stock and then cut the picture from the paper.
3. Laminate the picture to seal it. Cut any excess laminating sheet from the picture leaving a sealed edge around the picture to avoid water leaking through any gaps.
4. Fold down the bottom edge of the image so the image can stand.
5. Remove the twist bottom from the snow globe and pop out the inner cap.
6. Attach the image to the pop out cap using glue. Add any additional decorations desired.
Allow the glue to dry completely before proceeding.
7. Fill the globe with water and the desired amount of glitter. Stir to disperse the glitter.
If desired, add a small amount of glycerin to help slow the float of the glitter.
8. Over a sink, place the cap back into the globe allowing any excess water to run out. Wipe the outside of the globe dry and replace the cap.
Here’s some hands-on fun for Jan Brett’s The Mitten!
2020 Christmas Blessings Giveaway
–Giveaway is Complete–
Well, 2020 has been quite a year. It’s definitely been one for the books and one we will likely never forget. We have made it to the holiday season – a time for gratitude, togetherness, and celebration. And to celebrate the holiday season and the year 2020 coming to an end, I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite bloggers for the 7th annual Christmas Blessings Giveaway with the hopes of making this holiday season even more memorable (in a good way) for TWO families by giving away $500 in Paypal cash to each family.
While we wish we could bless many more families, we were able to come up with a big prize for TWO families – $500 each (delivered via Paypal) – that we pray will make a big difference in their lives this Christmas season – whether it’s to fulfill their kids’ Christmas wishes, pay off some bills, or to help build some savings, our prayer is that it helps to lessen any financial burden and/or fills a specific need, or simply brightens your day.
There are lots of entry options in the Rafflecopter form below – the more you enter, the better your chance of winning! I know it can seem tedious and time-consuming to go through all the entries, but isn’t a chance at $500 worth it? I think it is! Plus, all of these amazing bloggers donated their own money toward the cash prizes, so this giveaway wouldn’t be possible without them. I hope you’ll take the time to check out each one. Who knows, maybe you will find some new blogs to follow.
The giveaway will run from Monday, November 16th through Wednesday, November 25th (ends at 11:59pm EST). Winner will be notified by email shortly after the giveaway ends and will have 48 hours to respond to claim the prize or another winner will be drawn. You must have a Paypal account to win. By entering this giveaway, you agree to be added to the email lists of the participating bloggers. Please be sure to read the Rafflecopter terms and conditions upon entering.
- Scrabble Tile Christmas Ornament Tutorial
- How to Organize a Christmas Holiday Craft Fair
- How to Replace your Regular Elementary Curriculum with Holiday-Themed Curriculum
- Music of Christmas online course
- Christmas Printable Set
- How to Experience the Music of Christmas (even if you have no time)