I’m happy to share with you today a review of the Birds of a Feather Activity Book from All About Learning Press.
Disclosure: I received a free copy of Birds of a Feather in order to honestly review it here. I also get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
What is Birds of a Feather?
Birds of a Feather is a 150-page activity book that helps students review reading and spelling concepts in a fun and engaging way. The book is full of colorful illustrations of birds, and each activity is accompanied by a fun fact or trivia tidbit about birds.
The book contains 16 different activities, including:
- Word search puzzles
- Matching games (such as “Match the baby bird to the mama bird” or “Match the feather to the correct bird.”)
- Fill-in-the-blank activities
- Sequencing activities
- Creative writing prompts
- And more!
The activities are designed to be challenging but not too difficult, and they can be used with students of all ages.
If you catch this by September 12, 2023 you can save 25% off the Birds of a Feather activity book! Click here to save (no code needed).
Specific Ways to Use Birds of a Feather
I would first of all recommend that you laminate the game pieces in Birds of a Feather so that you can use them over and over. You can use a dry-erase marker or a Sharpie. (Test it first, but if you use a Sharpie, which will last longer than a dry-erase marker, you can usually remove it with rubbing alcohol.)
What words should you put on the card?
- Sight words
- Spelling words
- Vocabulary words (from science or the WordUp Vocab show)
- People of history
- Places to find on a map or globe
- Music symbols, types of notes, key signatures, etc.
My Video Review
Birds of a Feather offers a number of benefits for students, including:
- It helps students review important reading and spelling concepts/words (use alongside All About Reading or All About Spelling).
- It makes learning fun and engaging.
- It helps students to learn about birds.
- It can be used with students of all ages.
Birds of a Feather is a great resource for students who are looking for a fun and engaging way to review reading and spelling concepts. The book is well-made and the activities are creative and challenging. I highly recommend it to parents, teachers, and homeschoolers. I love the colorful illustrations of birds in this book. The activities are challenging, but not too difficult. I highly recommend Birds of a Feather for parents, teachers, and homeschoolers.
Overall, I think Birds of a Feather is a great resource for parents and teachers who are looking for a fun and engaging way for their students to review reading and spelling concepts/words! highly recommend it.
- Birds in Classical Music 15-Minute Music Lesson
- 15-Minute Music Lesson on Bird Songs & Calls
- An All About Reading Success Story
My Other All About Learning Press reviews:
- How to set up an All About Reading/Spelling Notebook
- Intro to All About Reading Level 3
- All About Reading Level 2 almost done
- Using All About Reading
- All About Reading’s “Activity Sheets”
- Introduction to our newest curriculum: All About Reading Level 2
- Review of All About Spelling
- All About Reading’s “Readers”