Doesn’t that name just make you smile? Fine Linen and Purple.
Marcy Crabtree has done it again–produced a beautiful and useful product for you! It’s called Fine Linen and Purple: A Coloring Journal for Teen Girls Who Love Jesus. I have already printed it out and given it to my 12-year-old daughter.
What you’ll find are 28 journal pages with a memory verse at the top of each and prompts to journal about. “Ponder” has two questions to answer which refer to the verse studied and then “Pen” is free-journaling time. Then there is a whole coloring page for the “Paint” time! Animals, flowers, designs, etc.
Here is one page my daughter has started coloring:
My oldest daughter is just now about to enter the teen years. It’s time for me to segue from guiding her through a Bible study to her studying on her own. I like the way that Fine Linen and Purple will make a great transition. Here’s an example of what you’ll find in it. For the verse Philippians 1:6 “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ,” the following questions are asked:
- What is this good work that God has begun in you?
- How will you know when it has been completed?
I love that she will be thinking through these types of questions and journaling on them.
What else I like about Fine Linen and Purple:
- The ink is purple! (my favorite color)
- It’s not an overwhelming Bible Study, but a gentle approach to get teen girls to meditate on and memorize God’s Word.
- The verses chosen are great–all about having good speech and knowing their place as a daughter of God and waiting on and learning from Him.
- The 28 verses are also printed in small card size so you can tape them up on your wall.
- I love the variety of coloring pages. I even realized I can print extra pages for my younger girls to color. (See below.)
The other product of Marcy Crabtree’s that I love is called Delightful Planning: A Unit Study Planner for Every Homeschool. I have a review of Delightful Planning here.
(Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of Fine Linen and Lace in order to write this honest review.