Have you ever started your day with Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies? Yummy! And, they have fiber and protein, which is always wonderful to have for breakfast.
These breakfast cookies are perfect for those days when your bananas have begun to go over-ripe. Whip up a batch the night before, and they’ll be ready for your busy mornings!
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
Ingredients for Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, divided
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar-free chocolate chips (I found some at Wal-Mart or Amazon)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Tip: This recipe makes 16 cookies, so if you have more bananas, double or triple the recipe and freeze some!
Directions for Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick cooking spray.
- Place ½ cup oats into a food processor or blender and pulse until the oats are ground into flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and flax.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the bananas, egg, and vanilla. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Using a large scoop, divide the dough into 16 cookies. Press the tops flat as these cookies remain in the same shape as they cook.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the middle is set. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.