It been such a long time since I’ve posted anything crafty here. And even this Robin Hood costume for a small stuffed bear was done way back last May! But enjoy this tutorial and let me know if you make the costume!
My kids are involved in Spotlight Youth Theater and they have the option to purchase a Show Bear for each show they are in. It usually has the costume of the main character. Last spring they performed Robin Hood, so I made the Robin Hood Show Bears! Since I was the only one making them (and made 25), I simplified the costume quite a bit. A lot of this was done with a hot glue gun, but if you have time, sewing it will help it last longer. 🙂
1. Cut 2 pieces (same size) for the tunic.
2. Sew along the top, leaving an opening in the middle for the head. Sew along the sides.
3. Cut out V’s like you see in the picture below.
4. Turn right-side out and sew down the front set of V’s for a collar.
1. Cut 2 pieces (same size) for the hat.
2. Sew along the rounded edge.
3. Clip the 2 bottom corners.
4. Turn it right-side out and make a tiny cut in one side for the feather to slip through.
5. Slide the feather through and hot glue the inside to get it to stay in place.
The Belt and Quiver Holder:
See these pictures for how they will look.
1. I used a sewable pleather type of material. Cut out the following shapes for each costume.
Here are the D-Rings I used for the belt.
Here is the finished belt.
2. Slip the D-ring through one side of the belt and hot glue it the belt material down.
3. Slide the opposite side of the belt through the ring.
4. Twist it like you see in the following 2 pictures.
Here’s what the front should look like.
5. For the quiver, turn the rectangular piece of material around length-wise and hot glue it down. Hot glue one end closed as well.
6. Then hot glue it onto the sash
Finishing the Bear Costume:
1. Slide the Tunic onto the bear.
2. Put the sash and belt on it.
3. Hot glue the hat onto its head.
4. Optional: Make an arrow out of a pipe cleaner and slide into the quiver. Tie a ribbon around its leg so you can attach a tag.