A few years ago I stumbled into the capsule wardrobe trend and use it every season now! As I’ve become more experienced with using capsule wardrobes, I’ve discovered 4 surprising reasons a capsule wardrobe is valuable for homeschool moms, and I’m happy to share them with you today!
What is a Capsule Wardrobe?
A capsule wardrobe is a small collection of specific pieces of clothing that can be mixed and matched to form lots of outfits! For example, you might have 5 shirts, 3 pairs of jeans/pants/skirts, and 3 jackets/cardigans that all look good together when you wear different combinations!
4 Surprising Reasons a Capsule Wardrobe for Homeschool Moms is Valuable
- Capsule wardrobes save you money by encouraging you to own several basic and timeless items of clothing that can be mixed and matched it a variety of ways!
- Following a capsule wardrobe takes the stress out of deciding what to wear each day. As a homeschool mom, you have plenty of things to think and make decisions about all day long. You don’t need to add what to wear to that list!
- Using a capsule helps you feel good about yourself. You’re taking care of yourself, which is so important when as a homeschool mom you are spending so much time and energy focusing on others. We homeschool moms deserve and crave self-care. A capsule wardrobe is one way I take care of myself, and it might be a good way for you, too!
- Capsule wardrobes help you “dress for success” which leads to being successful in your “job” as a homeschool mom. Especially in this past year, we haven’t left the house much– no field trips, homeschool co-op, performances, vacations, or even church. But, I’ve continued to dress nicely every day, following a capsule wardrobe plan, and I know I’ve been more successful in our homeschool partly because of it!
My Favorite Capsule Wardrobe
My absolute favorite capsule wardrobes are the Get Your Pretty On Outfit Formulas from Alison Lumbatis. I’ve been getting the new one each season for several years now!
How it works:
- You get a list of all the items in the seasonal capsule wardrobe. The items work for all ages, body types, and styles.
- “Shop your closet” first and see what you have that can substitute for each of the items. They don’t have to match exactly!
- If you have a budget, head to a thrift shop, Walmart, or find some coupons at Old Navy or another of your favorite stores to get an item or two.
- Monday, March 29, the calendar of daily outfits starts.
- Share your pictures in the fun and incredibly encouraging private Facebook group–or just see how the other ladies style the outfit of the day to get inspiration.
- Have fun with the bonuses, too! For example, for Spring 2021 we got a Color Analysis masterclass, and I found out I’m a Summer! So, now I know which colors look best on me (and which colors don’t).
Outfits from the Spring 2021 Outfit Formulas Capsule Wardrobe
The daily outfits start Monday, but here are a couple of outfits from the capsule wardrob I’ve tried already. Be sure to join me on my Homeschool Mom Fashion Instagram account to see how I style each daily outfit!
**Have you ever tried a capsule wardrobe for homeschool moms? What was your experience? Share in a comment below!
- 15 Basic Items for Every Homeschool Mom Wardrobe
- Homeschool Mom Fashion to Ditch the Frump
- My First Stitch Fix
- Defrump Your Mom Wardrobe with Frump Fighters