I have been a fan of College Prep Science classes (especially the in-person live lab intensives that my now-college students did), and am thrilled to share a review of Greg’s newest venture: Greg Landry’s Homeschool Science Membership!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I was compensated for my time reviewing this product and writing this review.
Science in the Homeschool
I remember years ago when I just had four little kids, I was talking to a neighbor down the street who also had four kids. She was asking me about homeschooling, and her biggest objection was about science. How was I possibly going to give my kids a quality science education if I homeschooled them? How could they do labs and science experiments?
Well, I am grateful that homeschooling science well in my homeschool has never been an issue. I have always found quality science resources to use to teach my kids. And, now with Greg Landry’s Homeschool Science Membership, it’s even easier!
Homeschool Science for High School
The high school level science classes are (these are full-year, two semesters, full credit courses, for grades 8th-12th):
- Biology for Non-Science Students
- Chemistry for Non-Science Students
- Physics for Non-Science Students
- Anatomy & Physiology
There are a couple of half-semester, 0.25 credit courses, too,(for grades 7th-12th), so you can mix and match:
- Exercise & Sports Physiology
- Marine Science
- Biochemistry and Microbiology
- Embryology and Endocrinology
- Earth and Space Science
- Student Success Skills (Note-Taking, Learning, Studying, Lab Reports)
Homeschool Science for Middle School and Elementary
Here are some one-semester courses for grades 4th-7th:
- Young Scientist Anatomy & Physiology
- Young Scientist Biology
- Young Scientist Chemistry
- Young Scientist Physics
- Young Scientist Earth & Space
Online Virtual Homeschool Science Labs
These virtual labs are really cool. They aren’t just watching a video of a science experiment. They are interactive. You drag and drop certain items. Move it to a scale. Take it out of a drawer.
You can even turn the music and sound effects on or off! And, a lab manual is included.
Students are instructed on producing quality lab reports. Parents are instructed on how to grade lab reports
(if they would like to issue a grade).
The Virtual Homeschool Science Labs for grades 7th-12th are:
- Biology, Anatomy, and Physiology
Everything is Easy to Find
The homeschool science membership uses Canvas, which is a well-known platform for education. Everything is very handy, easy to find, and easy to use.
What if you need help?
One of the best options you get with this homeschool science membership is access to Professor Greg Landry for any questions you might have with your self-paced courses. Email him directly through Canvas because he prioritizes those emails since they are from his students.
I love Greg’s emphasis on learning how to do note-taking. He includes PDF pages to teach it and blank pages to use for note-taking.
“The mind remembers what the hand does.” ~ Greg Landry
Greg gives lots of tips in his video classes for his method of note-taking: NSSR.
Other Resources You Get With Homeschool Science Membership+
Fun Stuff for Mom and Dad (and kids!):
- FaithLife TV Access: These are movies and videos such as children’s shows, science and creation videos, and documentaries.
- Right Now Media Access: A steaming library of over 20,000 videos for Bible study and teaching, over 2,000 Kids’ episodes and shows.
- Dwell Bible App Access: Cultivate a habit of living into the Bible by listening to Scripture anytime on your phone, choose the version you prefer and the Bible reader you love. Includes original music composed exclusively for Scripture.
Background of Professor Greg Landry
All the homeschool science classes and labs are taught by Greg Landry.
Greg is a Christian and has been married for over 30 years. He’s a former college professor who homeschooled his daughters.
I love that Greg has a heart for students and a passion for science, but he really wants his students to see God’s hand in every aspect of His creation that surrounds us. His goal is to help them see that God’s intricate creation didn’t just happen by chance – it wasn’t an accident, a fluke of nature. There was, and is, a Creator.
Greg believes that we should think critically, deeply, creatively, and biblically.
Final Thoughts for the Homeschool Science Membership Review
The more I began digging into the lessons of the Homeschool Science Membership, the more excited I got. There is so much there!
I love that he includes some science classes for non-science students and some for those who will be going to college to study science. There are classes for elementary kids and some to teach note-taking.
And, the virtual labs? The best!
Get Some Homeschool Science Freebies here!
Some of the freebies include a free trial of the virtual science lab, the keys to teaching homeschool science, an earth science infographic, a muscles infographic, an ancestry wheel to fill in, and a COVID-19/viruses student science infographic lesson.
- 7 Unique Ways to do Science in Homeschool High School
- College Prep Science Classes and Lab Intensives: a perfect solution for college-bound homeschoolers!
- Totally Awesome Nature Study Ideas for Lazy Homeschool Moms
- Swimming Creatures: Favorite Elementary Science Curriculum
- Music Inspired by Caves: A Free 15-Minute Music Lessons (Music in Nature Series)