How many memberships are you a part of? Do you subscribe to any “boxes of the month?” I believe that memberships and subscriptions are here to stay. Memberships by homeschoolers is the perfect model to run your own business and get recurring monthly revenue!
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
My Membership Story
I started my online business in earnest about 5 years ago with some printable ebook curriculum and then I turned those into online courses. Things were going ok, and I was making a few thousand dollars a year. It was enough to pay for my time, but not enough to make a dent in our family budget.
After watching a free workshop about how to start and run a membership, I decided to give it a try. I launched my first membership, Music in Our Homeschool Plus: the Elementary Membership Experience, in November 2019. In 2020 my business took off. My membership grew, and so did my monthly “paycheck!” In September 2020 I launched a second membership called Fine Arts in Our Homeschool Plus: the High School Membership Experience.
Memberships by Homeschoolers (with a FREE Printable)
If you’re a homeschool family, you might be wondering what your family could do to add another income stream. Let’s brainstorm some ideas together.
First let’s talk about some of the popular memberships/subscriptions out there right now to get our mind thinking bigger:
- Video: Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, Starz, Rightnow Media
- Variety (video, free shipping): Amazon Prime
- Music: Spotify, SiriusXM
- Educational: Worldwatch News, Curiosity Stream
- Software: Adobe Creative Cloud
- Subscription Boxes: clothes (Stitch Fix, Wantable), pets (Barkbox), makeup (Birchbox)
- Education Subscription Boxes: KiwiCo, Little Passports, BitsBox
- Gaming: PlayStation Plus, Xbox Live Gold
- Services: discounts, free product, and/or free shipping each month, coaching, tech help
- Books: physical, ebook (Kindle Unlimited), audio book (Audible)
- Homeschool Curriculum: Teaching Textbooks, College Prep Genius, Music in Our Homeschool Plus
Are ideas swirling around in your head for what kind of membership business you could run?
FIRST: Download this free printable: 70 Membership Business Ideas for Homeschoolers
SECOND: Sign up for the Free Workshop (read more about it below).
Get a free download of 70 Membership Business Ideas for Homeschoolers
**It’s very important NOT to say to yourself, “But, someone else is already doing my idea.” No one is doing it like YOU will. And, you will find people who love YOUR WAY of doing it!
Free Workshop to Learn All About Memberships for Homeschoolers
Memberships have been proven to work in THOUSANDS of markets, by business owners who have been growing and thriving, even in this past year’s uncertain economy!
Want to think about giving it a go?
Launch your own membership business?
And here’s the really great news. You can learn how from the “go-to guy” for memberships, my good friend Stu McLaren, in a LIVE Workshop he’s putting on next week…
This was the exact free training I went through before I launched my first membership!
The training is 100% FREE to attend and it starts Thursday (April 22, 3 pm ET).
For more than 12 years, Stu has helped launch THOUSANDS of highly-profitable membership and subscription businesses. And the blueprint he’s going to share with you on Thursday is normally reserved for his private clients and customers ONLY. But for a very limited time, you’re getting access to all his proven strategies and insights.
Here’s a sneak peek at what Stu will cover:
- How to know if your business is a good fit for a membership.
- Why memberships are the business model of the future and why NOW is the time to launch one of your own.
- An inside look at CURRENT examples of thriving online membership businesses.
- What it takes to attract the right people to join your membership.
- Plus, a simple process thousands of membership businesses are using to launch and scale…even in times of uncertainty.
This training only happens once a year and seats will fill up fast.
Do you have any other memberships by homeschoolers ideas that I didn’t include? Please leave a comment below to share!