Who likes going on nature walks? If you do, then you’re going to love what I’m sharing today with the “Let’s Go On a Nature Walk Journal!” And, if you don’t, then using the “Let’s Go On a Nature Walk Journal” just might make it more fun for both you and your kids!
Click here for FREE music lessons:
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
Let’s Go on a Nature Walk!
Use the “Let’s Go on a Nature Walk” Journal with your preschool or elementary students as you go explore outside. It’s perfect for any place outdoors and for any season. You’ll be encouraged to observe more closely as you search for specific colors and think about the different senses you’re using (hearing, smell). There are places to draw what you see as well, so be sure to pack some pencils and a clipboard in your nature walk packpack! When you get home, you might like to add color with colored pencils or watercolor paints.
Here are the 9 pages included in the Nature Walk Journal:
- A page to draw the best thing you saw, and to write about your favorite memory and your not-so-fun memory
- Observations: I See, I Hear, I Smell, I Touch
- Scavenger Hunt with all the letters of the alphabet
- Scavenger Hunt with 12 different colors
- I Spot: plants/trees/flowers, creatures
- Location: the weather, draw the location, I like the location because?
- Leaf Rubbing Art page
- Journal page of a specific item or animal you saw: describe it, date, time, season, place, draw it
- Nature Walk Bucket List ~ checklist of 12 places to visit
Video about the Journal
Let’s Go On a Nature Walk Journal is available at my Teachers Pay Teachers store here: