We have finished our Plants Lapbook! See today’s posts for Resources for a Plants Lapbook. I found much of the info we put in it on the internet. Some things (puzzles) were from an Evan-Moor workbook. The kids also cut out pictures from gardening magazines to decorate it.
Click here for FREE music lessons:
Here are some of the things we included in the Plants Lapbook:
- Life cycle of a plant.
- What do plants need?
- Bible Verses (Parables of the Sower, the Mustard Seed and the Weeds).
- What part of the plant do you eat–root, stem, leaf, fruit, or seed?
- How seeds spread.
- “Plants that we eat” puzzle
- Parts of a plant, flower, tree, and leaf.
- Label a cross-section of a tree ring.
- Differentiate between evergreen and deciduous tree pictures.
- Draw a simple leaf.
- Draw a compound leaf.
- “A Sunflower Grows” puzzle
- “Parts of a Tree and Flower” puzzle
- Strange plants.
- Plant defenses.
- Copywork poems: “Dandelion” by Valerie Worth and “Morning Has Broken” by Eleanor Farjean.
Pictures of our Plants Lapbook:
Do you have other resources for a plants lapbook to share? Please leave a comment below.
Be sure to check out our pillar lapbook post called Lapbook Fun here and get many more ideas and resources for doing lapbooks in your homeschool studies.
(Contains affiliate links.)