Make the holidays meaningful with this Advent Wreath Activity for kids! As the holidays draw near, we need to find ways to help our families not lose sight of the essence of why we celebrate Christmas.
One way you can do this is by helping your family countdown to Christmas morning with this unique Advent Wreath family activity.
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
Scroll Down for Some Amazing Homeschool Giveaways!
A Color and Learn Advent Wreath Activity That Celebrates the Reason for the Season
You may have grown up participating in the traditional Advent wreath activity involving lighting an Advent candle at the start of each week of Advent. This activity is inspired by this well-loved tradition but is changed to apply a more hands-on approach for younger children in the family.
Interactive activities are always a great way to help younger family members understand and embrace what they learn.
This Color and Learn Advent Wreath Activity Set includes everything your family needs to follow through the weeks of Advent:
- A wreath to color
- Five advent candles to color and cut out
- Six devotional guide cards outlining what each element in the kit symbolizes
How the Advent Wreath Activity Works
The activity begins on the first day of Advent (in 2021, that’s on Sunday, November 28) when your child will color in the wreath and the first candle. This candle will then be cut and glued onto the wreath.
Once done, your family can read the card for the day that outlines the virtue of Christ, represented by the candle. You can talk about how Jesus helps provide us with that virtue and find a Bible story to explain this further.
For example, when discussing the virtue of peace, you can read the story of Jesus and the disciples in the storm. (Mark 4:34-41)
Find praise and worship songs and hymns centered around that virtue that may be sung or danced to one evening of the week.
For example, the songs “It is well with my soul” and “I’ve got peace like a river.”
Feel free to personalize and make this Advent Wreath activity as interactive and resource-filled for your family as you want it to be.
May your family find joy in learning more about the One who will be celebrated as the last candle is glued onto the wreath.
See a Video of the Advent Wreath Activity here:
Get your Advent Wreath Activity
Free for a Limited Time!
Read-Alouds to Go Along with Your Advent Wreath Activity
We love to read an advent storybook from Arnold Ytreeide every year. There is a reading each night of advent to take you through the entire exciting story.
What other books have you read during advent that you’d recommend? Please leave a comment below!
Other Advent Wreath Activity Options
If you’d prefer to purchase a real advent wreath candle holder to hold lit candles each night, there are some great options here:
Don’t forget the candles!
These last few years have been hard on everyone – especially those who are one-income families! We all know families that have been hit hard with job loss, displacement, and more. In an effort to ease financial burdens and help your family further explore homeschool and educational opportunities, we’re giving away over $1255 of homeschool and educational printables, courses, and curriculum!
Thanks to these amazing bloggers and brands that love supporting the homeschool community, we’re able to give back to homeschool families in the best way!
Inside the giveaway, you’ll find more than $1255 spread across 4 prize packages to bless eight (8) amazing families! Learn more about each of our prize packages:
Prize Package 1 ($216.37 Value)
- Early Learning MEGA Bundle from In All You Do
- Learn Classical Music with Cartoons online course from Music in Our Homeschool
- Smart Games Sampler Pack (3 games) from Timberdoodle
Prize Package 2 ($319 Value)
- The Seabirds World from Hope House Press
- Literacy Assessment Report from Multisensory Reading Center
- Winner’s choice of 5 books from author Carole P. Roman
Prize Package 3 ($219.99 Value)
- The Hobbit: 6 Weeks of Morning Time Plans from Everyday Graces
- Audio Adventure Worldview Package from Heirloom Audio
- Learning Language Arts Through Literature from Common Sense Press
- Philosophy Adventure: Digital Edition from Homeschool Adventure
- “Time Capsule” Memory Book Pages Bundle from Ten Minute Momentum
Prize Package 4 ($500 Value)
- Five Read Right Online Tutoring Consultations from Read Right Systems ($100 value each – 5 winners)
Learn more about each of the 2022 Homeschool Christmas Giveaway Sponsors:
Want to enter to win? Simply enter by following as many sponsors on the form below, and you’re in it to win it!
You are responsible for reading the Terms and Conditions before entering. Entering this giveaway confirms that you have read and understand the terms.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- Names of Jesus: Family Advent Devotions and Activities
- Jesse Tree Ideas
- Christmas Elves ABC Printable Pack
- Homeschool Enrichment Ideas for the Christmas Season
- Christmas Around the World online unit study
- How to Experience the Music of Christmas in Your Homeschool
Leave a Reply