If you’ve been homeschooling a while, you’ve heard of IEW even if you haven’t tried it. But, if you haven’t tried it, maybe it’s time to take a look! IEW stands for The Institute for Excellence in Writing, and today I’d like to tell you about the Teaching Writing: Structure and Style Premium Membership, and give you a chance to win it!
Click here for FREE music lessons:
There is one winner and the prize will be 6 months of the Premium Membership, which gives you access to streaming the Teaching Writing: Structure and Style, the IEW Checklist Generator, and many PDF and audio downloads. Here is some more information about the Teaching Writing: Structure and Style seminar.
See below to enter
Disclosure: I received a complimentary set of The Phonetic Zoo in order to review it here. I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post. All opinions are honest and my own.
I have now graduated my two oldest children. As I have said before, I only have one regret in homeschooling. I wish I had watched the Teaching Writing: Structure and Style seminar sooner. I learned so much from Andrew Pudewa about writing and about teaching in general. In fact, I plan to listen to the entire seminar again this summer!
What is Teaching Writing: Structure and Style?
Teaching Writing: Structure and Style is a 14-hour long seminar taught by master teacher Andrew Pudewa. It’s for teachers, not for kids. So, homeschool mom, it’s for you!
He explains his writing philosophy and how to implement it for all your kids, elementary through high school. The system can be used with only one child at home, with a group at a homeschool co-op, and even in a school classroom.
My kids have done IEW here at home and at a couple of co-ops that we have been a part of.
Teaching Writing: Structure and Style seminar has been so helpful because teaching writing does not come naturally for me.
Teaching Writing: Structure and Style 1-year streaming version
I’m really excited that they now have a 1-year streaming version that is only $99! This makes it very affordable because the DVD version is almost twice as much.
Here is what you get:
- Video streaming of the entire fourteen-hour Teaching Writing: Structure and Style teacher training course with five additional hours of student demonstration lessons at four levels
- Video streaming of the talk However Imperfectly
- Audio MP3 downloads of Andrew Pudewa’s most popular conference talks
- Several digital PDF downloads
- Online Master Classes taught by Andrew Pudewa
- Access to the IEW Checklist Generator™
- A one-time use free shipping coupon
- Linguistic Development through Poetry Memorization – Level 1
- Content updated annually in July
What the Seminar Teaches You
You will learn how to teach your kids how to:
- outline and summarize
- generate cohesive paragraphs
- create stories
- produce reports and critiques
- develop essays
- translate their thoughts and ideas into writing
- vary sentence structure
- use interesting vocabulary
- add literary devices
You will also find it very helpful to get the Seminar Practicum and Workbook that contains the syllabus for the seminar as well as charts, word lists, sample lesson plans, and more.
Reviews of IEW products we have used in our home:
- Phonetic Zoo Spelling
- Bible Heroes: Writing Lessons in Structure and Style
- Singing Made Easy (now sold by Music in Our Homeschool)
- All About Spelling
- Fix It! Grammar for daily grammar practice.
- Coming Soon: High School Essay Intensive for students who are preparing to take the ACT® or the SAT®!
The Decision Tree
IEW has so many products for teaching writing, grammar, literature, spelling, and even music that it can be overwhelming to figure out what you need.
Click on the graphic below if you have questions about IEW. The Decision Tree will give you the answers!
Looking for some free stuff to help you in teaching writing? They have that, too!
And, here’s my personalized IEW page!
Get your IEW freebies here:
- IEW Recommended Book List (Books for Boys & Other Children Who Would Rather Make Forts All Day)
- -LY Adverbs: Combined List
- Elephant Mini Books
- Guide to Powerful Paragraphs Assignments PDF
- Nurturing Competent Communicators by Andrew Pudewa [Audio Talk]
(Update: Giveaway is closed.)