‘Tis the season for crafting! If you’re looking for a fun and festive project to do with your kids this holiday season, look no further than this felt Christmas tree tutorial. This easy-to-follow guide will show you how to make a cute and colorful Christmas tree that can be used as a decoration or as a gift. So gather up your materials and let’s get started with this fun felt craft project for kids!
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through affiliate links in this post.
Supplies for your Felt Christmas Tree:
- 2 squares of cardboard, one larger than the other to be the background
- White felt to cover the background
- Christmas tree template (Draw your own or see the free download below.)
- Green felt to cover the Christmas tree (here are some patterned options)
- Tacky glue or school glue
- Small velcro dots (You only need the prickly side.)
- Buttons or flat-back decorations
Christmas Tree Templates:
Here are four different Christmas tree templates you can use for the Felt Christmas Tree if you don’t want to draw your own. You can also use these for other crafts such as the Marble-Painted Christmas Tree or for coloring pages!
Felt Christmas Tree Tutorial:
- Cover the background piece of cardboard with the white felt sheet, attaching it with glue.
- Cut the remaining piece of cardboard into a tree shape. Trace the tree shape onto the back of the green felt. Cut the tree from the felt. Attach the felt to the cardboard using glue. Allow the background and tree to dry.
- Once dry, attach the Christmas tree to the background using glue. Allow it to dry completely.
- Meanwhile, attach the prickly side of velcro dots to the buttons and decorations for the tree.
- When the craft is dry, attach the buttons to the felt.
This easy and fun felt Christmas tree tutorial is perfect for kids. With just a few supplies, you can make a beautiful and colorful decoration or gift that will bring holiday cheer to any home. And if you’re looking for more holiday crafting ideas, be sure to check out our other blog posts below for festive inspiration.
**What other Christmas crafts do you like to do with your kids during the holidays? Share in a comment below!
My kids loved going to this Crafty Kids Christmas Camp to make ornaments, Christmas cookies, and homemade gifts to give to others. It’s a great activity for those in-between school weeks.
This is a super fun activity to do because there are so many different options for what your Scrabble Tile Christmas Tree Ornament can say! Be creative with names, events, awards earned during the year, etc.
I love this fun Decoupage Photo Christmas Ornament idea because it’s so fun to look at the photos each year as we decorate the Christmas tree.
We made this at our homeschool co-op last year, and it was a hit with the kids!
Need a fund-raising idea? This post will give you a step-by-step plan for organizing a holiday craft fair where some of the funds can be given to charity! Bonus: your homeschooled kids can be entrepreneurial by creating and selling what they made!
Check out all these Winter Fun Ideas for Kids:
Snow, Christmas, the Arctic–it’s all here for your winter learning and fun!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Leave a Reply